General Data Protection Regulations (Summary)
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you for the sole purposes of your membership, and/or to email you periodic news and information relevant to your subscriptions or general topics of interest. We have grouped this data together as follows:
- Identity Data for the purposes of Membership: which includes title, first name, last name, username (but not password), feedback from any survey responses you may complete and records of emails sent direct from the website.
- Contact Data: includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments from you for Membership registration and seminar bookings. This includes date and type of payment process, but we do not hold credit card, bank details or any other payment information. Transactions for you membership and event/seminar payments made by you are made with PayPal and BACS and we do not hold these personal details.
- Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving information from us through email and newsletters as well as hard copy Members magazines and directory.
- Practitioner Listing Membership: All data listed on our website, and in our hard copy directory is supplied and updated by you personally and we do not edit information. This data can include your name and contact details, services you offer and fees you may charge. This data is listed on the public area of our website, and thus available to anyone visiting the site.
SCAP reserves the right to remove any listing if we feel it is not in keeping with the interests of Sussex Counselling & Psychotherapy or it’s readers/membership.
- Advertising With Us: What’s on in Sussex, or Members only Jobs Page. You supply the wording and contact details for us to list on our website, and to send out by email, and the information on the website is accessible by the general public.
- Non Members E-New Subscription: Name and Email address only.
Special Categories: We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (for example details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, or information about your health). However, If you are a Practioner Listing member, you may have included some of this information when you manually complete your own listing details. You may edit or remove this manually at any time.
- We will not share your contact details with anyone without your direct consent.
If you fail to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data in order to manage your membership, and you fail to provide that data when required on the registration form, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (e.g. to provide you with membership services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. This will also include failure to renew a Membership you are subscribed to.